Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Night parade of 100 Demons v.1




*Click image to enlarge*

The images here will be part of an on-going project to document the myriad of characters from inside my mind and also those that I have been inspired by. The project of the 'Night parade..' began as I was researching folk-tales of Japan and its plethora of spirits and goblins known as 'Yurei' and 'Yokai.' The idea of the night parade is taken from Toriyama Sekien's 'Myriad of a hundred Ghosts and Demons' and initially began as an homage to it. However as the different personalities of each creature came to be put on paper, I gradually became more and more carried away with the characters from within my head also-so here we have it! Ive barely begun this project, but it looks like the traditional Yokai parade will also be shaired with the characters from my own little world...

No comments: